Friday 13 December 2019

19 April to 3 May - Combine with Barrier Rangers for Broken Hill Bonanza - Base Camp

Walk Coordinators: Jeff Vaughan and The Barrier Rangers Trip Leaders
Meet: 
Grade: See Description 
Distance: TBA
Description: This trip is an odyssey for me to return to Broken Hill and enjoy days of a spent youth wandering the Barrier Ranges and surrounds. There will be a series of day and a few multiday walks and some social events as part of the 50th anniversary of the founding of the club. So most of the trips will be led by current and former members. One highlight will be an overnight walk where you ACTUALLY walk overnight with a middle of the night campfire and arrive home at dawn (of course I was a lot younger when I did the last one..so??)
The final program will be out soon and I believe they want people to register if coming and
what walks they would like but it's a guide so you are not locked in. Things will be quite flexible as weather and other factors could affect conditions.
We will mostly camp at Silverton in Penrose Park but there will be one remote trip near Mutawingee at the beginning I believe (Nuntherungie area).
Please email if interested, to me at potoroo@australiamail.com with your details and phone
number and numbers and names coming or thinking of coming and I will send you more
details when I get them.


Photos from Di and Eric:
























Photos from Jeff:















No comments:

Post a Comment